A healthy diet is all you need to have that great body.
Add veggies to your diet, and you’ll surely have a body like a ‘Victoria’s Secret’ model.
But admit it, going ‘Vegan Style’ is never easy.
Having a vegan diet means eating only plant-derived foods. No eating of animal or animal products including flesh (land or sea animals), milk, eggs, or honey. The diet is only full of veggies. It’s a very nutritious food, and it can help in maintaining a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
Studies show that people who want to lose excess fats and weight turn to plant-based diets because this study has been proven to be effective among many people. But then again, it’s not easy. Changing your diet from protein and calcium rich to an entirely vegan-filled diet is difficult. Your taste will adjust and your appetite as well. So, is there a way to level up your vegan diet and make it a healthy and appetizing meal?
There are many ways to put some twists on your vegan diet without losing its originality. It could even make it more delicious. So, this article will give you a recipe that you can add to your vegan diet in a few easy ways.
This recipe is a whole wheat vegan biscuit with coconut oil. Sounds tasty right?
Before moving forward with how to make this recipe, let’s first prepare the ingredients.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- One tablespoon baking powder
- One teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup solid, refined coconut oil
- 3/4 cup can light coconut milk
- Chopped herbs, e.g., parsley, chives, cilantro (optional)
You can change the volume of the ingredients if you want. Just play with it. But don’t forget to balance everything if you don’t want your biscuits to taste awful.
Let’s now get down to the real business, the procedure.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- While waiting, line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Chop the solidified coconut oil with a knife or a blender until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Put the mixture in a bowl together with coconut milk and coconut oil.
- You can add a few tablespoons of a variety of herbs to the mixture if you like. That’ll make your meal healthier.
- Mix well until a dough forms. Pat and flatten the dough to a rectangle about 1/2-inch thick on a lightly floured kneading surface.
- Cut the kneaded dough into 12 squares using a knife and arrange the squares on the baking sheet, about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Before baking, brush the top of the biscuits lightly with coconut milk, then sprinkle a little sugar.
- Bake the vegan biscuits for about 15 to 17 minutes, or until they’ve become golden brown. Cool slightly before serving.
- Your whole wheat vegan biscuit with a twist is now ready! Easy right?
This recipe is one among the many healthy foods that can change your vegan diet from ‘good’ to ‘WOW!’
But wait, how could this recipe be good for your diet? Enough of all the ways, let’s now talk about the benefits.
- One of the ingredients in this recipe that may help in shedding off extra pounds is coconut oil. This product is purely healthy, organic, and completely natural. It has been proven to be rich in antioxidants. These antioxidants help reduce inflammation and cell damage. It also prevents certain types of cancer, can reduce the chance of heart disease, and work to boost our immune systems.
- Coconut oil is rich in medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs). This fat increases your metabolism for quick energy. Eating food with coconut oil give you a filled up feeling, allowing you to eat less.
- This product also has an important property that’s ‘thermogenic.’ It can promote weight loss because it increases your body’s calorie burn.
- One of the ingredients in this recipe that is beneficial in weight loss is the coconut milk. This substance is often acknowledged as the ‘miracle liquid because it contains nutrients that help build up the body’s immune defenses. It can also assist you in lowering your cholesterol levels, improve blood pressure, and prevent heart attack or stroke.
- But be careful though. Full-fat coconut milk is high in calories. It’s better to have a smaller serving than you would of regular milk.
- Another fact about coconut milk is that it is lactose-free. It’s a good milk substitute for lactose intolerant people.
- You can replace butter with coconut oil and milk with coconut milk. In that way, you can
eat more vegan food in a fun and delicious way!
- Whole wheat is also another main ingredient found in this recipe that is nutritious. It is the most common cereal around the world. It is responsible for foods like bread, biscuits, cakes.
It is an excellent substance for weight loss. It improves the metabolism which can help you stay slim and healthy throughout the years. Add this to your diet, and you’re all set to achieving a body like a ‘Victoria’s Secret model,’ but healthily.
No troubles anymore with how to shed those fats off your body. You now have a healthy and tasty diet. Add physical activities for exercise, and you might as well be the next ‘Victoria’s Secret’ model!