In this article, we’ll cover the following:
- Why is it Good to Wash your Face Naturally with Coconut Oil?
- How to Wash your Face Naturally with Coconut Oil
- Applying Coconut Oil on your Face at Night
- Replace your usual night creams with coconut oil to retain moisture, health, and glow of your facial skin
Coconut oil has been gaining fame all over the world. This tropical treasure from nature has been said to have therapeutic uses. It’s been used for cooking, weight loss, teeth whitening, and others. One common use of coconut oil is for beauty care.
Our face is what most people first notice about us. So as much as possible, we must take care of our faces. We put on several chemical-based beauty products to make it as beautiful as possible. We use products such as facial wash, moisturizing creams (day and night), sunblock, etc. But little do we know that we can use one product for everything.
Yes, you don’t have to buy several different products when you can use coconut oil to wash your face.
You might think it’ll sound greasy and gross, but if you read on and discover its benefits, you’d rather not mind the grease.
Why is it Good to Wash your Face Naturally with Coconut Oil?
- Helps moisturize the face. Coconut oil seeps through your skin right after you apply it, leaving your face hydrated and moisturized.
- Helps fight against bacteria and fungi. Bacteria and fungi can cause acne and Tinea versicolor infection in your face. But with coconut oil’s antibacterial and antifungal properties, awful situations like this can be prevented.
- Helps cleanse the face deeply. It needs to be cleaned deeply to achieve a clean and well-moisturized face. Coconut oil may help cleanse the face deeply and thoroughly. It can prevent toxins from seeping into the pores. Unlike other strong chemical-based products, coconut oil is gentle to your skin.
- Helps remove makeup naturally. The chemical-based makeup removers are harsh on your skin, especially in the eyes with too much makeup. But with, coconut oil can effectively remove your makeup without damaging your facial skin.
- It may help prevent premature aging. Premature aging is a result of harmful UV rays and chemical-based beauty products. Coconut oil is natural and has some great effects, so it’s pretty safe to use and may help prevent premature aging.
How to Wash your Face Naturally with Coconut Oil
To wash your face with coconut oil, you must use organic, unrefined, and 100% coconut oil to achieve the best results. Read on for helpful tips on washing your face naturally with coconut oil.
- Coconut oil
- Warm washcloth
- Water (optional)
Here’s how to do it:
- Put a teaspoonful of coconut oil on your palm.
- Make sure to warm the oil before applying it to your face, especially if it’s hardened. Rub it with your hands back and forth.
- Massage it gently on your face using small and upward circular strokes for a minute.
- Let the warm washcloth stay on your face for at least 30 seconds to open your pores. This process allows the dirty oil to be lifted from your face and the coconut oil to seep through.
- After this, blot your face dry. Don’t rub your face because rubbing can cause damage to the skin.
- You may if you feel like rinsing some water on your face to remove excess oil. (Optional)
It’s important to leave a thin layer of coconut oil on your face for a better moisturizing effect. Optionally, you can blend other essential oils in this method to enhance the moisturizing effect. You can use coconut oil with Almond oil, Jojoba Oil, or Castor oil to satisfy your facial care needs.
Applying Coconut Oil on your Face at Night
There are different creams for day and night use when using chemical-based products to take care of your face. But with coconut oil, you can use it during the day and night. The amount to be applied on the face may differ, though. Here’s a simple way to apply coconut oil to your face as a night cream.
Replace your usual night creams with coconut oil to retain moisture, health, and glow of your facial skin.
- Wash your face with a gentle toner or serum and pat your face dry.
- Rub a sufficient amount of oil on your face. Use less if you have oily skin.
- Let it stay on your face overnight.
- Wash or wipe your face with a washcloth in the morning.
Coconut oil may not be for everyone, but it’ll be worth the try. What’s not to try with coconut oil? Aside from helping you enhance your facial care needs, it’s affordable and can be used everywhere. Keep a hydrated, clean, and glowing facial skin with coconut oil. But don’t forget to have a beautiful and happy heart as well! You might discover how essential coconut oil is in your daily routine to maintain a pretty face.