Coconut oil, the one thing you can put anything on, and it becomes a fantastic thing. That’s apparently a joke, but it’s something to be essentially considered. The effectivity of coconut oil as an alternative medicine is something that can be uncontested. Not only that coconut oil is proven to be an effective alternative medicine, but coconut oil is also used for other home remedies and hygiene. From soap, deodorants, and toothpaste. Yes, there’s a healthier alternative to your toothpaste. Curious? Here’s your ultimate guide to creating your homemade toothpaste.
1. No harmful ingredients.
Unlike ordinary toothpaste that may be filled with toxic ingredients. Some conventional toothpaste is found to have an antibacterial chemical called triclosan. Triclosan has had concerns over antibiotic resistance and endocrine disruption in several studies.
2. Coconut oil is effective against cavity-causing bacteria. Several studies show that massaging coconut oil into the gums for about 10 minutes daily for three weeks reduces decay-causing Streptococcus mutans, as well as plaques on teeth.
3. The total absence of foaming agents. Toothpaste contains surfactants like sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), or sodium lauryl ether sulfate (SLES). These surfactants are responsible for the foaming action of the toothpaste that could disrupt the tastebuds of your tongue.
So let’s go to how to make coconut oil toothpaste at home.
Of course, don’t dump it all together in one go. Just imagine that you’re baking cookies with your grandma.
1. Melt or soften the coconut oil. To do this, pour hot water in a bowl until it’s half full. Set your jar of coconut oil into the container and wait until the oil has slightly melted.
2. Mix in the other ingredients one by one.
3. Stir until baking soda has been thoroughly mixed with coconut oil. The important thing to note when stirring: use a fork.
4. After ingredients are thoroughly mixed, you can put the mixture into separate jars or containers. One for each family member.
5. Let it cool completely but don’t leave it unattended. It may run cold just like how your ex-lover treated you.
To use the toothpaste: dip your toothbrush into the container and scrape a small amount onto the bristles. You can also use a teaspoonful to put on your toothbrush.
So, those were the steps to a useful coconut oil toothpaste recipe. It’s easy to follow, so make your own toothpaste with coconut oil now and live a healthier and non-toxic life.View the Best Prices on Coconut Oils Here