Sweet potatoes aren’t just delicious. They’re nutritious as well. They have Vitamin A (beta-carotene), fiber, and potassium. Aside from preventing Vitamin A deficiency, they can also improve blood sugar levels like coconut oil. They also help reduce oxidative damage and the risk of cancer.
Coconut oil is of course, well-known for its numerous health benefits.
Imagine creating a recipe with sweet potato and coconut oil in one. It would be super healthy and yummy! In this article, we’ll show you a recipe on how to cook fries the healthy way using sweet potato and coconut oil.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 lbs. Sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp. Unrefined/virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon or dried rosemary
Here’s how to do it:
- First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel the sweet potatoes. But, others prefer their sweet potatoes unpeeled. It’s okay both ways.
- Now, you can cut them into ½-inch cubes. Yes, not like the regular fries cut, you know.
- In a bowl, place the chopped sweet potatoes.
- It’s time for the coconut oil! If your coconut oil becomes solid because of the temperature, melt it first. Then pour it over the chopped sweet potatoes.
- Mix it until all sweet potatoes are covered with coconut oil.
- Dash it with salt and cinnamon (or rosemary).
- On a rimmed baking sheet, spread and arrange the sweet potatoes.
- Place it in the oven.
- For 45 minutes or an hour, let the sweet potatoes roast in the oven. Just enough to golden the sweet potatoes and slightly crispy.