In this article we’ll cover the following:
- What are stretch marks
- Using Coconut Oil for Stretch Marks During Pregnancy
- How to Apply Coconut Oil to Your Stretch Marks
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Oil and Castor Oil
- Coconut Oil and Olive Oil
Getting pregnant is such a beautiful thing. It is a gift that many females never get to experience. Carrying your little one for nine whole months is surely an experience that you love. All the morning sickness, the food cravings, the weight gain, nausea, the peeing, etc. are major concerns for pregnant women. Of course, who could ever forget about the stretch marks? Those lines on your tummy that would always remind you that you had a little blip inside of you.
The morning sickness will come and go. It starts at the 4th week or 6th week of your pregnancy, and it is gone in your 12th week. The food cravings are not something you can complain about. Though most food combinations are weird, they do taste good. Weight gain is another symptom but you can lose that through exercise. Nausea will also be gone when you are no longer pregnant. The endless peeing is a hassle but gives you more reasons to take breaks at work. All of these things can be easily deal with in day to day life. There is one thing that most females truly hate getting during their pregnancy, stretch marks.
Who would love to be marked your whole life, right? The confidence of wearing a two piece bikini will go away. You can also forget about flaunting your flat, sexy abs. Your favorite low waist jeans are going to have to be hung up. Stretch marks stay for good and they are a sad aftermath thought of being pregnant.
What are stretch marks
Stretch marks appear when you are pregnant because the skin around your tummy stretches. As your little blip grows, your belly also grows. The more it grows, the more your skin gets stretched hence the name “stretchmarks”.
Stretch marks usually start appearing during the sixth month or seventh of your pregnancy. They usually start becoming visible though after you give birth. Especially, if you start losing weight a few weeks or months after you have birth. There are also times that stretch marks appear because due to heredity. If your mother had them then you would be most likely to have stretch marks too.
Using Coconut Oil for Stretch Marks During Pregnancy
Did you know you can prevent stretch marks using the all natural oil from a coconut? You can prevent stretch marks using a lot of remedies. There are now home remedies for stretch marks. Stretch marks are preventable. You can prevent them by using coconut oil during your pregnancy. So now the question is, how can you use coconut oil for stretch marks during pregnancy?
How to Apply Coconut Oil to Your Stretch Marks
You can use coconut oil to prevent stretch marks. You can use coconut oil alone, or even use it with other oils, like olive oil and castor oil.
People said that coconut oil is effective in fading or preventing stretch marks by moisturizing your skin.
- Heat the coconut oil to a tolerable temperature, just warm enough for you to touch it.
- Pour enough amount of coconut oil onto your palms. Just sufficient coconut oil to cover the skin of your target area, your tummy.
- Apply the coconut oil on your tummy, especially on your stretch marks.
- Slowly, massage the coconut oil onto your skin. The more you rub your target area, the easier for your skin to absorb the coconut oil.
- To maximize the effect, leave the coconut oil on your tummy overnight.
- Repeat the process every day, and you may be able to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy.
Coconut Oil and Castor Oil
- Add two teaspoons of castor oil to every single teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Mix the two oils well, making sure they are thoroughly mixed.
- Massage the mixture onto your target area. Keep rubbing your tummy for a couple of minutes to ensure your skin absorbs the mixture.
- Leave the mixture on your skin overnight.
- Keep doing this every day until you are satisfied with the results.
Coconut Oil and Olive Oil
- Add one cup of olive oil for every one cup of coconut oil. To maximize the effect, you can add vitamin e to the mixture.
- Thoroughly mix the two oils by stirring it well.
- Massage the mixture onto your tummy area.
- You can leave the mixture on for a couple of hours, or overnight.
- Do this regularly, and you may prevent stretch marks during pregnancy.