In this article, we’ll cover the following:
Imagine the smell of pancake waiting for you in the morning, hmm. Oh heaven! Pancake has been passed on from generation to generation, and I haven’t known one person who doesn’t eat a pancake. Who doesn’t love pancakes? It’s easy to prepare, and you can add your favorite toppings like honey, butter, cream, fruits, chocolate, and much more! But these toppings and syrups could ruin your diet (if you’re on one). So try prepping pancakes up healthier with coconut oil instead of butter.
You haven’t tried the best healthy pancakes if you haven’t tried making it with coconut oil.
Coconut oil pancakes are a way for you to consume coconut oil if ingesting coconut oil directly grosses you out. Consuming coconut oil, as we all know, can offer many health benefits. From taking care of your skin, brain, hair, pet, internal organs, and more, coconut oil can cover them all. In this article, we’ll feature coconut oil pancake recipes that you’ll love to try at home and serve to your family.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (liquid form)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ tsp salt
How to do it:
- Mix all the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the wet ingredients: egg and milk.
- Stir the mixture as you add the coconut oil.
- Mix it well until it creates a smooth pancake batter.
- Place the scooped pancake batter in a preheated griddle or non-stick frying pan.
- Cook the sides of the pancake over medium heat. You’re ready to flip it over when bubbles are on the top and the edges look solid.
- Your pancake’s ready!
Here are other pancake recipes cooked with coconut oil!
Vegan with Coconut Oil Pancakes
Try this healthy vegan pancake made even healthier with coconut oil!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (you might need more for the pan)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup almond milk (any dairy-free milk is okay)
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
How to do it:
- In a mixing bowl, sift baking powder, flour, and salt.
- Mix coconut oil, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in another mixing bowl. Mix until well-blended.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Stir it until it’s smoothly combined. If you want to add some chocolate chips and other fruits, this is the time to fold it in.
- For about 5 minutes, let the pancake batter sit to make your pancakes fluffy.
- You can use an electric skillet (preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit), a nonstick griddle, or a heavy cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- If necessary, brush some coconut oil on the griddle or skillet’s surface.
- Using a ¼ measuring cup, scoop the batter and gently pour onto the surface of the cooking equipment of your choice.
- Cook one side for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip it over after you see bubbles appearing on the uncooked side. Cook one side until golden brown.
- Do the process again with the remaining pancake batter. Add coconut oil if necessary.
- Enjoy your pancakes!
Enjoy pancakes the healthier way with coconut oil! It’s tasty and healthy at the same time. You’ll find yourself waking up and looking forward to pieces of coconut oil pancakes. You’re free to experiment with your coconut oil recipe. A coconut oil pancake a day may keep the blues away!