Ever had trouble with those eyes drying up and becoming itchy all the time? It’s irritating, and you can even have sore eyes after scratching your eyes often. You might think it’s normal and just leave it be. But those are already signs of something wrong with your eyes. Not doing anything to this problem may lead to a much bigger issue.
So how can this be treated?
There are many treatments for this problem, like ocular lubricants that can be bought in drugstores. These lubricants are solutions that help moisten the irritated eyes if the irritation is already unbearable. Some of these lubricants may be effective. But is it convenient? You have to go to the drugstore and spend your money.
These lubricants may help treat the itchiness of your eyes. But is it safe to use it frequently? Won’t it affect your health or cause damage to your eyes in the future? There may be no assurance.
So, how about considering an alternative to help cure your eye problem?
One product that has been making waves in the world of alternatives is coconut oil. This product is purely natural and organic and has many benefits. Coconut oil may be a natural remedy to help cure your eye problem. So what are the advantages of coconut oil for the eyes?
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Eyes
These are the benefits that you can get by using coconut oil for your eyes:
- Eye problems, when left untreated, may cause bigger issues in the future. But, coconut oil has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that make it the best natural moisturizer for the eyes. This natural oil may help prevent bacteria from spreading in your eyes. Coconut oil may also contribute to destroying fungal infections.
- The moisturizing properties of coconut oil can help treat dark circles around the eye.
- Coconut oil has an anti-inflammatory property that may help suppress inflammation around the eyes and help repair damaged tissues quickly. If you have sore eyes, coconut oil may aid in reducing the redness of your eyes and contribute to treating this eye problem faster.
- Typical signs of aging are wrinkles around your eyes. Coconut oil has antioxidants that protect your eyes from free radical damage, which is the common cause of aging.
- Coconut oil consists of medium chain fatty acids that can help repair damaged skin and protect your eyes from harmful UV rays.
Now that you already know the benefits of coconut oil, you might be wondering how to use it. Well, this article will also give you some tips on how to use coconut oil for your eyes.
How to Treat Dry and Itchy Eyes
Some coconut oil may not be liquefied, so it won’t help much in treating dry and itchy eyes. The best solution for this problem is to melt the coconut oil. How do you liquefy the coconut oil?
- Put hot water in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, put a tablespoon of coconut oil. Then, place the small bowl into the large bowl.
- Leave the bowl until the oil is liquefied.
- As much as possible, don’t use a microwave to liquefy the coconut oil as this may destroy essential nutrients in the oil.
- Once the oil is liquefied, use a dropper to draw out coconut oil. Tilt your head and place a few drops of coconut oil in each eye. It may be cloudy for a few minutes, but it’ll clear up.
- Continue doing this treatment day and night for a week, and you’ll notice that your eyes will be well-moisturized. Your eyes won’t also be as tired as before.
For Treating Dark Circles Around the Eye
Coconut oil may help in lightening dark circles under the eyes. Just put a small amount of the oil around your eyes and massage in a circular motion. Do this regularly, and you’ll the results in a week.
For Treating Wrinkles Around the Eyes
- Before bedtime, wash your face with warm water. Then, pat dry.
- Apply enough amount of coconut oil to the eye area and massage gently.
- Leave it overnight and rinse your face with lukewarm water in the morning.
- Do this every night before you sleep.
For Treating Puffy Eye Bags
Coconut oil may efficiently help deal with eye bags. Just place a small amount of coconut oil around the eye bags and massage gently. Do this every day and night for the best results.
These are some of the many ways of using coconut oil to treat your eye problems. If you want to treat your eye problems, take good care of your eyes. Treatment may also depend on your diligence and perseverance in the process.
Don’t spend too much time in front of the computer, television, and other gadgets. These are some reasons why these eye problems happen. Taking care of your eyes at all times is still the best treatment. An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.