Women love to beautify themselves to make them feel good. And having beautiful nails add enhancement to their beauty. But there are several reasons why the nails look ugly, dull, and unhealthy. It can be due to harsh weather conditions, unhealthy lifestyle, and improper nail care.
Our nails are made up of keratin. It’s a protein which is insoluble in water and protects the underlying cells from damage.
With the several reasons mentioned above, our nails may likely become brittle or may contact diseases. However, coconut oil for nails can bring back the beauty of our nails.
Some people are hesitant on the benefits of coconut oil for nails and think that it’s only useful in the kitchen. Well, try to read on and discover how beneficial coconut oil is. We’ll give you a simple explanation of how coconut oil works in different nail conditions.
What are the benefits of coconut oil for nails?
- Its nature as oil has a moisturizing effect that’ll help lock moisture in your nails and prevent them from being dry and brittle.
- It’s rich in fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals that give nutrients to your nails and cuticles. They make your nails look healthy, shiny and strong.
- It has antibacterial and antifungal properties that protect your nails from infections like nail fungus.
- It prevents your nails from having painful hangnails. Hangnails can happen if you constantly expose your nails to water and chemicals.
Coconut Oil to Strengthen the Nails
Use the following procedure to strengthen the nails and cuticles.
- Put enough organic virgin coconut oil into your palms.
- Rub your palms together and apply it on your nails and cuticles.
- Massage your nails and cuticles gently for few minutes. Massaging your nails allow proper penetration of coconut oil into your nails and cuticles.
- Do this procedure regularly to treat nail problems and prevent it from recurring.
Coconut Oil, Raw Honey and Rosemary Oil for Nail Growth
Healthy nails result to proper nail growth. Use the following steps to obtain beautiful and healthy nails.
- In a mixing bowl, add 1/4 cup of organic virgin coconut oil and 1/4 cup of raw honey. Mix well.
- Then, add 4 drops of rosemary oil.
- Place the mixture on the stove and heat for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Remove it from the stove and set it aside.
- Once it’s tolerable to be touched, soak your nails in this mixture for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure 2 to 4 times a week to obtain strong, healthy and beautiful nails.
Note: You can also massage your nails with the warm organic virgin coconut oil in a circular motion to enhance healthy nail growth.
Coconut Oil and Oregano Oil for Nail Fungal Infection
Nail fungal infection is a common problem with nails. Fungal infection happens when there’s constant exposure to heat, sweat, and water. People who are athletic, work that involves getting wet or walk barefoot. With regular use of coconut oil, this nail problem is surely prevented. Just follow the following steps.
- In 5 parts of coconut oil, add 1 part of oregano oil.
- Mix the oils thoroughly.
- Apply an ample amount of the mixture on your nails.
- Gently massage it on the affected areas especially on the part where the nail meets the skin.
- Leave it for a few minutes so that it’ll properly absorb into the nails.
- Then you can wash the area with warm water and dry the area thoroughly.
- Do the same procedure twice a day for 2 to 3 weeks or until the fungal infection is gone.
Other Methods to Treat Fungal Infection on Nails:
- Apply warm coconut oil on the affected areas and gently massage it for few minutes so that the oil will penetrate well into the nails.
- Mix 10 drops of tea tree oil, oregano oil, garlic oil, peppermint oil and clove oil well. Then, apply enough amount of this mixture on the affected areas by gently massaging it for few minutes. Wash and rinse it off after 30 to 45 minutes. You can also leave it overnight.
Coconut Oil and Garlic for Brittle Nails
Brittle nails are a result of unhealthy, dehydrated, and poorly moisturized nails. Deficiency in vitamins and other underlying health conditions also result in having brittle nails. Use coconut oil with garlic to obtain healthy and strong nails. Just follow the steps below.
- Carefully mince the garlic cloves and add it to a bowl with lukewarm organic virgin coconut oil.
- Mix well and soak your nails for a few minutes.
- Wash and rinse your nails with warm water and dry them using a clean towel.
Other Helpful Tips to Maintain Healthy and Strong Nails. Good hygienic practices are essential to maintaining beautiful-looking nails.
- Cut your nails regularly.
- Refrain from taking the cuticles off.
- Avoid biting your nails.
- Don’t use your nails to open boxes, cut papers, etc.
- Avoid digging out ingrown nails.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals on your nails.
If you want to have strong and beautiful nails, consider trying the methods above. You also have to work on maintaining a healthier lifestyle and have a well-balanced diet. With coconut oil, your nails will be growing healthy and strong.View the Best Prices on Coconut Oils Here