In this article, we’ll cover the following:
What are Hemorrhoids?
A hemorrhoid is not a comfortable condition. People suffering from it know how uncomfortable and painful it is. Hemorrhoids happen when the veins in the lowest part of the anus and rectum swell.
This is because the pressure exerted on your lower rectum can disturb the blood flow. It’s also called piles and usually affects people aging over 50 years old. Hemorrhoids lead to rectal bleeding and pain during bowel movements. These swollen veins will lead to more pain and bleeding if left unattended.
There are several reasons why hemorrhoids occur
- Genetic predisposition
- Excess weight
- Straining during bowel movement
- Straining when lifting something heavy
- Standing or sitting for an extended period
- Constipation or diarrhea
You can prevent hemorrhoids from occurring and recurring by drinking lots of water, eating foods with fiber and exercising.
You also must use the toilet as soon as you feel the urge to do your thing. It might be annoying if it’s already there, so we find ways to get rid of them. Some resort to over-the-counter medications and other medical procedures. But do you know there’s a natural way to help you cure hemorrhoids? Yes, you can naturally cure hemorrhoids with coconut oil.
Three Types of Hemorrhoids
- The rectum contains internal hemorrhoids. They don’t hurt, but they frequently bleed.
- Internal types of hemorrhoids can cause prolapse, a more serious and uncomfortable condition. Particularly after using the restroom, these veins protrude from the body through the anus. Veins that protrude permanently may occasionally become strangled by the anal sphincter, a ring of muscle.
- Small bleeding areas under the skin all around the anus resemble external hemorrhoids. They have a solid lumpy feeling.
Why does coconut oil help cure hemorrhoids naturally?
Keeping a coconut oil jar somewhere in your home could be very helpful. Incorporate coconut oil in your normal routine to help cure this uncomfortable condition. For treating hemorrhoids, you might want to keep a jar of coconut oil in your bathroom for easy access. Storing coconut oil is easy and much better aid in applying it. Here are the factors why coconut oil can help you cure hemorrhoids.
- Anti-inflammatory properties.
Coconut oil naturally contains anti-inflammatory agents that may help reduce the swelling caused by hemorrhoids. It helps appease the swollen veins, which leads to a faster recovery from the condition.
- Medium-chain fatty acids (MCFA)
Coconut oil boasts medium-chain fatty acids. These acids help soothe annoying bowel problems and digestive disorders, which lead to hemorrhoids. These fats also help increase your metabolism and prevent you from indigestion.
- Good lubricant.
Coconut oil’s oily texture can be an excellent lubricant you can apply to your rectum. It can also relieve constipation.
- Lauric acid.
The lauric acid in coconut oil has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties. These help the faster recovery of the rectum and anus’ suffering from hemorrhoids.
- Relieves the annoying symptoms immediately.
Once the coconut oil is applied to the affected area, it may help relieve the burning and itching sensation and the pain caused by hemorrhoids.
Coconut Oil Suppositories
You can also opt to make coconut oil suppositories. These frozen cubes of coconut oil can help with the irritation and pain caused by hemorrhoids. Coconut oil for hemorrhoids is effective, of course, as long as you know you’re not allergic to any of its properties.
While many people use coconut oil for dietary purposes, it is a different case for softer and smoother stool. Not only does it help keep your skin moisturized, but ingesting coconut oil will also help your bowel movement. In this sense, it’s safe to say that your bowel movement won’t be as painful as it is with the hemorrhoids present. Before ingesting coconut oil orally, please consult a professional to check your allergies or possible side effects.
Then again, even in diets, coconut oil helps soften stool, removing excess toxins from your body. You can also look at Extra virgin coconut oil. EVCO is processed coconut oil and has anti-inflammatory properties, as well. There are many health benefits in using this, as well, and so does pure aloe vera gel. Both work and can treat hemorrhoids. Just a reminder, please make sure to consult a professional first.
There are specific medicine and cream from doctors for hemorrhoid treatment, but sometimes it’s difficult to acquire these. Hence, we have home remedies such as coconut oil and the like. Fruit extracts have healing properties and can be a natural moisturizer. They also help in relieving pain. Coconut oil is also a natural astringent, so it’s a great treatment for inflamed hemorrhoids.
How to Naturally Cure Hemorrhoids with Coconut Oil?
To naturally cure hemorrhoids with coconut oil, you can take it internally or apply it externally. Use 100% pure and organic coconut oil for the best results. Here’s how:
- Scoop coconut oil using a clean tissue or dip a clean cotton ball in coconut oil (your choice).
- Apply it to the affected area and steady it for 5-10 minutes.
- Do this 3-4 times a day until hemorrhoids are completely cured.
The advised dosage of coconut oil internally daily is three tablespoons. But if you’re new to this, you can take a few teaspoons first. You can take it orally or add it to a cup of tea. Drink it up.
Coconut oil suppositories may bring an immediate soothing feeling to the affected area. You can use coconut oil suppositories once or twice a day. Remember, you have to act fast when using this method since coconut oil tends to melt quickly.
Here’s how to create coconut oil suppositories
- Warm the coconut oil up to 70 degrees to achieve a semi-solid form.
- Considering the length and width of the pencil, spread a line of coconut oil on top of wax paper or aluminum foil.
- Wrap up the paper or foil, rounding the coconut oil.
- Freeze it for about 15 minutes.
- Take the wrapped coconut oil from the freezer.
- Unwrap it, divide the coconut oil stick into 1-inch suppository pieces, and put the remaining pieces in the fridge.
- Take one suppository piece and insert it into your rectum.
- You can also blend coconut oil with turmeric, garlic, apple cider vinegar, and others to enhance the treatment of hemorrhoids.
With coconut oil’s help, you can naturally ease the disturbing feeling caused by hemorrhoids. You don’t need to undergo any complicated, expensive procedures and medications. All you need is to keep a jar of coconut oil in your home. Use the natural way of treating health conditions such as hemorrhoids with coconut oil. Whether it’s inflamed veins, external hemorrhoids, or stomach cramps with your digestive tract, coconut oil can aid with these. Warm water baths can also help ease the pain and reduce making the symptoms worse.
Cold temperature can also help with the pain since anything inflamed is usually warm to the touch. With coconut oil’s anti-inflammatory properties plus something cold, that pain will never reduce.