In this article, we’ll cover the following:
- There are several reasons why people experience hair loss.
- Benefits of Coconut Oil for Hair Loss
- How to apply coconut oil to help treat hair loss?
Man or a woman, there’s no point in denying the fact that our hair is our crowning glory. We devote time and money just to achieve the best hairstyle. We apply different products that promise to keep our hair healthy and glowing. But what happens when you’re suddenly suffering from hair loss? That would be a bummer.
There are several reasons why people experience hair loss. Here are some of them:
- Physical and emotional stress
- Too much use of hair treatments (hair dye, bleach, curling or straightening chemicals, etc.)
- hygral fatigue (over moisture)
- Male pattern baldness (for men)
- Nutritional deficiency (Vitamin B, protein, etc.)
- Autoimmune diseases – Lupus, Alopecia Areata, etc.
- Intake of blood thinners and blood regulating drugs
To maintain healthy hair and prevent hair loss, we try to seek expensive hair treatments. But sometimes, instead of treating hair loss, it can become worse because of the chemicals. So are you going to give up? NO! Use something organic like coconut oil to treat hair loss problems. It’s an affordable and natural treatment so that you won’t experience any adverse effects.
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Hair Loss
Coconut oil’s benefits for hair have been circling the net for some time.
More and more people have been testifying about its benefits and how it has changed their way of living. The benefits of coconut oil for hair loss are as follows:
- It helps strengthen the roots and prevents protein loss. The Lauric acid found in coconut oil contributes to protein distribution, which protects the roots and hair strands from breaking.
- Helps prevent hygral fatigue. Coconut oil seals in the right moisture your hair needs and keeps extra moisture from locking in, preventing hygral fatigue.
- Helps retain moisture. While some people suffer from hair loss because of over moisture, some experience it because of lack of moisture. Applying coconut oil to your hair helps retain moisture and prevents hair loss.
- It helps avoid the scalp from drying out. Coconut oil is similar to our body’s natural oil called sebum. With the help of coconut oil, it can keep the scalp healthy and away from dryness. Applying coconut oil results in the prevention of further hair loss.
- Helps provide nourishment. Coconut oil contains several nutrients. Since hair loss can be an effect of nutritional deficiencies, it can be stopped by nourishing the hair well. With its natural antioxidants, coconut oil keeps the hair nourished and promotes healthy hair growth.
- Helps fight against fungal and bacterial infections. Coconut oil comes with antifungal and antibacterial properties that protect against elements that contribute to hair loss.
- Penetrates through the hair shaft. Coconut oil contains nutrients like Vitamin E, penetrates through the hair shaft. It gives a healthy glow and fights against environmental contamination contributing to hair loss.
- Helps improve blood circulation. Massaging coconut oil into your scalp helps improve the circulation of your blood. Good blood circulation results in nutrients being seeped through the hair follicles. It guarantees healthy hair growth.
How to apply coconut oil to help treat hair loss?
Make sure to use melted coconut oil. Don’t worry if it has solidified. You can submerge its container in hot water to liquefy it. Repeat this method once a week for the best results.
- Wet your hair with warm water.
- Massage your scalp with your fingertips. Doing this opens the pores on your scalp, making it easier for the coconut oil to seep in.
- Pour ample coconut oil on your palms and gently massage it into your scalp.
- Continue massaging it for 3 minutes.
- Your greasy hair should then be covered with a shower cap. Leave it on for 30-45 minutes or overnight if you want.
- Rinse the coconut oil with a gentle shampoo.
People who have been using coconut oil can attest to its benefits for hair loss. If you’re suffering from one, try this method as a natural hair loss treatment. You might find its effects astonishing. It’s a tropical treasure you have to try. Fight hair loss problems with coconut oil!