Most girls and ‘girls at heart’ desire to have thicker, fuller eyelashes. It makes us feel more beautiful and attractive. That’s why some fake them through false eyelashes and overdone mascara. But we all know, natural eyelashes are more beautiful and don’t take too much effort when you’re prepping up.
In this article we’ll cover the following:
Aside from additional attractiveness that we get from having beautiful and thick eyelashes, it also helps protect our eyes from dust and other particles. It also helps regulate the airflow and evaporation rate on the cornea’s surface which keeps the eyes moist for a longer time.
If you’re on the ‘thin eyelashes’ team, you might think how unfair the world is. There are certain factors as to why you have thin eyelashes such as genetics, eye infections, and irritations, not removing eye makeup at night, chemicals and others.
There are things you can do to thicken and grow full lashes. Certain medications are available, but nothing does it any better than! The all-natural may help the lashes look bolder and thicker without the possible harm of chemical-based products.
Why is perfect for eyelashes?
We’ve laid down some facts about that makes it perfect for your eyelashes’ growth!
- Coconut oil is natural. There are no possible adverse effects like those of the chemical-based ones. In case it gets in your eyes, it won’t sting!
- Coconut oil helps keep the lashes moisturized, so dust and allergens are prevented from getting through your eyes.
- Coconut oil’s medium-chain fatty acids (lauric, capric and caprylic acid) can help build blocks for every cell, and that includes the eyelashes.
- Coconut oil is quickly absorbed in the hair follicles which help stimulate its growth.
- For some people who get hair-related issues like itchiness, coconut oil may help fight against the particles that cause those infections.
- Coconut oil may serve as an eyelash natural lubricant.
- Coconut oil helps strengthen the eyelashes and therefore prevents it from falling.
- You can use coconut oil to remove the stubborn eye makeup especially the mascara.
How to Apply Coconut Oil for Eyelashes
*Using pure coconut oil (best applied at night)
- Coconut oil (liquid form)
- Cotton swab
- Blotting paper or cotton cloth
- Cleanse your face and pat it dry.
- Dab a cotton swab into the coconut oil.
- Apply it to your lashes, just put an enough amount.
- Blot out excess coconut oil.
- Leave it overnight.
*Coconut Oil with Lemon and Lavender Oil Eyelash Serum (best applied at night)
Coconut has a lot of benefits, but combining it with lemon and lavender enhances whatever it can do to your lashes. The added lemon and lavender contains vitamins and antioxidants that promote eyelashes growth.
- 1 tbsp fractionated coconut oil
- ¼ juice of squeezed lemon or lemon essential oil
- 1 tsp lavender oil
- 1 bottle airtight glass
- 1 mascara brush (a clean one!)
- You need to soften the organic coconut oil if it’s in its solid form.
- Once the oil is in its liquid form, add the lemon juice and lavender oil.
- Pour it in the airtight glass.
To apply it to your lashes:
- Make sure your face is cleansed and patted dry before using.
- Using the clean mascara brush (a cotton swab will do), dab it in the coconut oil mixture.
- Spread the brush on your eyelashes the same way you apply your mascara.
- Make sure all of the lashes are covered.
- Leave it on overnight.
With coconut oil, you don’t have to feel envious towards people with thick and full eyelashes. Just apply coconut oil regularly and enjoy fluttering those thick, beautiful and natural eyelashes!