The majority of people all around the world can’t live without deodorant! Without deodorant, heaven knows why people would try to avoid sitting or standing next to you. Deodorant prevents body odor produced by bacteria breakdown when our armpits and other areas of our body sweat. It’s an essential product that most of us think we could only get from a trusted manufacturer. But do you know you can make your natural and effective deodorant? Read on to find out more about it.
In this article, we’ll cover the following:
Most people resort to deodorants that they often see on television and on the market. They buy it without even asking about its ingredients. I think most of us are unaware of the components of the deodorant.
So, I’m telling you now that deodorant contains one or more of these ingredients that may be toxic to your health.
- – it’s a chemical compound from toluene that can be toxic if inhaled or swallowed. Regular contact with toluene in the skin may harm one’s reproductive system. It has been linked to cancer as well.
- – it’s an antibacterial and antifungal ingredient but can irritate the skin and cause contact dermatitis. Yes, it does kill bacteria, and that includes good bacteria. The FDA labeled this agent as a pesticide.
- – it helps absorb the moisture, which keeps armpits dry. However, the International Agency for Research on Cancer was termed a carcinogen if it comprises asbestiform fibers. When used as an ingredient for deodorant, we’re never sure if it does or doesn’t contain asbestiform fibers.
- – is a chemical compound that is a skin irritant. It’s considered a carcinogen if contaminated with crystalline quartz.
- – you might mistake it as good since it’s produced from vegetables. However, it reacted with ethylene oxide, which is known to be a carcinogen.
Yes, that’s how harmful a commercial deodorant can be. Plus, the aluminum ingredient in deodorants will leave stains on your armpit. Underarms get darker because of the ingredients used in commercialized deodorants.
This is the time that you should switch to making your own deodorant from nature’s goodness, like coconut oil.
How to Make Coconut Oil Deodorant
Unbelievable it may seem at first, but yes, coconut oil deodorant is a thing. Coconut oil has antibacterial properties that kill the harmful bacteria that cause that awful underarm odor. It also helps lighten up dark underarms.
You can directly apply coconut oil to your underarms though mixing it with other ingredients makes it more efficient. Here’s a recipe on how to make a coconut oil deodorant. You can make this deodorant from the comfort of your home.
You’ll need equal parts of the following:
- Unrefined coconut oil
- Baking soda
- Essential oil (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir it until fully blended.
- Then, store it in an airtight container. Or, if you’d love to, you can melt the mixture and put it in a deodorant container.
Why is this mixture good for your underarms? Aside from the goodness of coconut oil, baking soda also helps absorb the odor and lighten your dark underarms. The cornstarch then absorbs the wetness or sweat in your underarms. Use a fewer amount of baking soda if you have sensitive skin.
Be free from body odor and dark underarms by making this coconut oil deodorant. What’s stopping you? It won’t have any side effects since it’s made fully natural!