When we think of the word ‘healthy’ or ‘natural’ foods, the first thing that comes to our mind is the taste. However, it seems like all tasty food out there is unhealthy. Is there still hope for humanity to eat delicious and healthy food?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup milk or water
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup mixed walnuts, pecans, or chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (prepare more for additional topping)
Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut oil and honey.
- Add the two eggs to the mixture and stir carefully.
- Add in the mashed bananas and milk. Stir.
- It’s then time to add baking soda and salt. Pour in the vanilla extract and add a sprinkle of cinnamon. Whisk them all together.
- Mix in the flour gradually using a spoon.
- If you’re adding the optional ingredients, like nuts or chocolate chips, this is the time to add them to the mixture. Mix it well.
- Pour the batter into an oiled pan then sprinkle more cinnamon powder on top.
- Bake it for the next 55 to 60 minutes. When there are no additional ingredients, it’s most likely top to be ready after 55 minutes. The extra ingredients will take 60 minutes before it’s ready to serve.
- Let the baked goodie rest for about 10 minutes. Then, take it out from the pan.
- Let it cool for another 20 minutes.
- Your banana bread with coconut oil is now ready for the hungry tummy!