Afternoons always make me think of coffee. And for someone who has a sweet tooth, I never have coffee without bread.
In this article we’ll cover the following:
- Why not sneak these zucchinis into the bread?
- Let’s start the magic and prepare the following
- Baking directions
I’ve been lately thinking of going to the healthier side of living. Of course, without losing coffee and bread. So, I looked out my kitchen window and saw my lovely zucchinis ready for me to pick them up.
Zucchini is rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It also consists of 95% water.
There’s a lot of fascinating facts about this garden veggie that’s making me consider it as a healthy food.
Why not sneak these zucchinis into the bread?
What’s great about a loaf of bread is when it’s made using organic ingredients. You can have more slices of bread with your coffee without the guilty feeling of eating junk. Commercial loaves of bread may contain Bromate which isn’t good for your health. So, go for something that’s healthy and made by your beautiful hands – homemade is happiness!
Switching from an ordinary loaf of bread to a healthier zucchini bread is a hearty improvement to your ho-hum coffee break. You’re not only enjoying the afternoon delight, but you’re also adding a boost to your healthy snack.
Another healthy ingredient added to this recipe is the coconut oil. Coconut oil not only wipes out the need to use unhealthy fats, but it’s also friendly to your pocket! Smart eh?
Now, let me do the kitchen math:
Whole Wheat Bread + Zucchini + Coconut oil = Super food!
This yummy recipe isn’t only good for the afternoon delight. It can be made any time of the day. The zucchini bread with coconut oil recipe is a super healthy option for the family! This bread recipe is useful to those who make the best efforts to hide the veggies for the picky kids to eat. They won’t know that they’re eating veggies!
Let’s start the magic and prepare the following:
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup plain, low-fat yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped nuts
No need to squeeze or drain the zucchini as we want the bread to be a bit moist. Include the zucchini skin when grating. It’s where most nutrients are, and you don’t want to lose them.
- Start the magic of making the zucchini bread with coconut oil recipe by preheating the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (163 degrees Celsius).
- In a large bowl, mix the coconut oil and honey until they blend.
- Add in the grated zucchini, vanilla, yogurt, and egg. Mix all the ingredients gently until they combine into a soft batter.
- Add the other sifted dry ingredients to the batter by mixing vigorously to avoid flour clumps. Stir in the chopped nuts.
- Take a standard size loaf pan. Spray the inner part of the pan with coconut oil. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake it in the oven for about 50 minutes.
- You can use a toothpick or a fork to determine if your zucchini bread is done. Just insert the toothpick or the fork in the center of the bread. Pull it out to check. If the loaf doesn’t stick to the toothpick or the fork, your loaf is all done.
- Take the pan out of the oven and allow it to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the super loaf!
- Carefully cut into healthy slices.
Bravo! Now, serve the zucchini bread with love!
Eating greens are always necessary for the body. Including zucchini in your daily diet can keep you young and healthy. By the way, here’s another magic secret to this recipe, it tastes like banana bread! Hey banana lovers, want to try this for a change?