Who doesn’t have scars? I think that most people accumulate a few scars during their lives, for various reasons. Our scars appear to remind us that we’ve been hurt but have survived and healed. It’s a biological and natural process that we can’t prevent from happening after getting wounds in one way or another. They have different appearances. Some scars are flat while some scars are prominent.
In this article we’ll cover the following:
- How Can Coconut Oil Help Remove Scars?
- Coconut Oil For Skin Scar(Application)
- Here’s another way to use coconut oil to help remove visible scars
- Coconut Oil For Acne Scars
- Coconut oil for acne scars treatment can be a great option to try
Scars may be a common sight, but it isn’t so appealing to have them. Sometimes, having visible scars can result in low self-confidence. That’s why we want them to disappear as soon as possible, by using several scars reducing products on the market. There’s a different product for every type of scar-like stretch marks (yes, they’re scars!), wound scars, acne scars and others. These products may be expensive, may not work immediately and may contain chemicals. Some even go through surgery just to achieve that flawless skin.
If you have scars, I bet you think of all the possible solutions to remove them. But before you think of buying several types of products, try using coconut oil. It’s suitable for many kinds of scars. Using coconut oil to remove scars may be effective for some people, and it may do wonders for you too.
How Can Coconut Oil Help Remove Scars?
Coconut oil has many therapeutic uses that have been proven effective by its many users.
Whether you got your scars during pregnancy or from eczema, coconut oil can help remove them without harming your skin with chemicals. Some coconut oil experts and users advise using cold-pressed virgin coconut oil (VCO). Read on to find some reasons why coconut oil may help remove scars on your skin.
- Vitamin E. This is an antioxidant present in coconut oil that helps fade scars. It can speed up the recovery of scars, abrasions, and even burns. This vitamin also contributes to protecting the skin from cracking and premature aging.
- Lauric, Caprylic and Capric acids. These acids present in coconut oil contain antibacterial agents as well as disinfectant properties that fight against the bacteria resulting in acne and its scars.
- Medium-chain fatty acids. Yes, they’re ‘fats,’ but these fats keep the skin supple and moisturized. They improve the healing process by motivating collagen production. Coconut oil can help you to maintain healthy, radiant, and scar-free skin.
- Helps prevent new acne scars from forming. The moisturizing effect of coconut oil can also serve as a protective barrier that fights against environmental damage.
Coconut Oil For Skin Scar (Application)
To properly achieve the best results in using coconut oil to remove scars, you can do this procedure on a regular basis:
- Apply coconut oil to the scarred area directly.
- Massage the area for about five minutes.
- Leave it there for another 10 minutes for the coconut oil to sink in the skin.
- Let it settle overnight or rinse it with warm water.
- Pair this coconut oil application with lots of water intake and eating organic foods.
Here’s another way to use coconut oil to help remove visible scars:
- Warm the coconut oil.
- Take the warm coconut oil and apply to the scarred area.
- Massage gently in a circular motion for some time.
- Leave the oil on your skin and let it absorb naturally.
Note: It’s advisable to apply coconut oil 2-4 times a day.
Coconut Oil For Acne Scars
One type of scar that a high percentage of people all over the world suffers from is acne scars. It keeps you from wanting to face people because of the embarrassing sight. Some chemical-based products that promise to remove acne scars are harsh to the skin. It might even result in inflammation and redness even more.
Coconut oil for acne scars treatment can be a great option to try. Here’s why:
- It helps healing wounds or acne lesions.
- The Vitamin E in coconut oil helps to exfoliate your skin and unclog your pores. It also speeds up the recovery of acne scars.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that contribute to reducing the swelling and redness of acne breakouts.
- It has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties in medium-chain fatty acids that fight against the bacteria in the skin pores.
Coconut oil isn’t limited to removing skin and acne scars. It can also help keep your skin moisturized and hydrated.