If you suffer from vaginal dryness, you know how uncomfortable it is. This condition is most common in adult women over 40 years of age. It can cause itchiness and pain that may even cause you sleepless nights. There are many possible reasons as to why some women experience vaginal dryness.
Here are some of them:
- Low estrogen levels – this typically happens when there are hormonal changes
- Medical treatments – this includes chemotherapy or radiation treatments
- Medications – certain medications like antihistamines may also cause vaginal dryness
- Irritants – soap, dyes, and hygiene products
Some women may result in buying expensive lubricants and other possible treatments. But hey, you can use coconut oil to reduce your vaginal dryness.
Why Coconut Oil?
Using coconut oil to help reduce vaginal dryness may just be the right remedy for you. Here are some of the reasons why.
- Since it’s natural, you won’t be subjecting that sensitive part of yours to chemicals.
- Using coconut oil as a lube for vaginal dryness can’t only solve the problem, it’ll also help moisturize and soothe the area.
- Coconut oil is cheaper than chemical-based lubricants.
- Coconut oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties. Aside from lubricating the vaginal area, it may also help fight against microorganisms that cause infections like yeast infection.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Vaginal Dryness?
When you decide to use coconut oil to help ease your vaginal dryness, choose the unrefined kind of the natural oil. Various brands are available in the market. You can check reviews from other coconut oil users to know which is the best brand to buy.
To use coconut oil for vaginal dryness, scoop an ample amount of coconut oil in your hands. Warm the solidified oil by rubbing it in your hands. Now, you can massage it on the vaginal area to ease the dryness. Apply it to the affected area as often as you like or until the dryness disappears.
It’s completely natural, so no need to worry if you use it often.
Other Tips to Help Ease Vaginal Dryness
To avoid triggering vaginal dryness or making it worse, here are some tips you should follow.
- Don’t wear underwear that’s made of synthetic materials.
- Avoid using harsh soaps or cleansers as douche.