Insect bites can be really annoying and could lead to serious complications if not treated well. You can get insect bites from mosquitoes, bugs, ants, bees and other insects that love to bite your skin. Different bugs may have different bite marks. They may be harmless, but it could trigger some complications especially if you’re allergic to the insect venom.
As much as we’d like to prevent insect bites, there are times when we can’t avoid them, because they can be anywhere. When you get an insect bite, you’ll feel pain (sting) on the bitten area. Redness or swelling usually follows. It’ll cause you discomfort and uneasiness. That’s why we resort to some expensive ointments just to get rid of these insect bites. However, do you know there’s a natural way to relieve insect bites? That natural way is none other than coconut oil!
Why does coconut oil help?
Coconut oil is on the top list of natural remedies that are considered effective by many. So, there’s no question if it does help relieve insect bites.
The positive FEEDBACK from users can help you assure that this will be worth the try.
Here are the reasons as to why coconut oil can be an excellent natural remedy for insect bites:
- Coconut oil can help relieve the swelling through its anti-inflammatory properties as well as the redness.
- Coconut oil can help fight against bacteria that may take advantage on your open pores with its antibacterial properties.
- Coconut oil doesn’t only help relieve your skin from insect bites. It also rejuvenates skin cells. It moisturizes the skin while healing it, unlike other chemical-based ointments that’ll dry your skin.
- Coconut oil with peppermint oil can help repel insects from biting your skin.
How to use coconut oil for your insect bites?
To use coconut oil to treat insect bites, it’s best to use a warm coconut oil since it penetrates quickly through the skin. Whether they’re fire ant, mosquito, bug, tick, wasp and any other insect bites, coconut oil got you covered.
Using a warm coconut oil, apply it to the affected area for 2-3 times a day. You can apply more as needed as coconut oil is safe since it has no chemicals. If you want it to stay on your skin for some time, use a bandage or a cotton pad to cover the affected area.
You can also combine coconut oil with aloe vera, garlic or sweet basil leaves and seeds to boost the power of coconut oil.
Coconut and Peppermint Oil Insect Repellent
If you want to combine coconut oil with peppermint oil to create a natural insect repellent, follow these steps:
- Mix 5 parts coconut oil with 1 part peppermint oil.
- Rub the mixture to all exposed skin.
- Enjoy a stroll outdoors without getting or lesser insect bite.
There are natural remedies all over for each condition if you’re just willing to try, just like using coconut oil for insect bites. Natural remedies are definitely worth the try as they don’t impose any harm since they’re chemical-free.
Save yourself from annoying insect bites the natural way with the coconut oil!