In this article we’ll cover the following:
- Optimize your Daily Coconut Oil Consumption
- What’s the advisable coconut oil daily consumption?
- How to Maximize Coconut Oil Daily Consumption
- The Best Kind
Coconut oil is definitely at the top of the list of the organic products that we can really benefit from. It’s a pretty flexible super-food that can cover you literally from head to toe. There’s always a new way on how coconut oil can help you maintain good health. It can nourish your hair to every part of your body. You can add it to your meal, consume it directly, mix with beverages and you can even apply it to your skin instantly.
Sometimes, it’s just so amazing how coconut oil miraculously works, but how can one maximize their daily coconut oil consumption?
Here are some of the reasons why you need to optimize your daily coconut oil consumption:
- Coconut oil can fuel your energy.
- Coconut oil speeds up your metabolism and helps you lose weight.
- Coconut oil helps regulate your cholesterol and sugar levels.
- Coconut oil moisturizes your skin and is perfect as a makeup remover.
- Coconut oil has antimicrobial properties to fight against infections.
- Coconut oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce joint pain.
- Coconut oil nourishes your hair, strengthen the strands and avoid hair loss.
- Coconut oil is perfect for maintaining healthy teeth and gums.
What’s the advisable coconut oil daily consumption?
The best thing about coconut oil is you don’t to take desperate amounts to get the most out of it. You only need to consume 2 (30ml) or up to 3 tablespoons (depending on advised calorie intake) per day. According to research, this is already an effective dose as taking too much coconut oil may mean too much calorie. A tablespoon of coconut oil has 130 calories.
Two tablespoons of coconut oil already contain 18 grams of medium-chain fatty acids. The needed amount of MCFA to increase your metabolic rate is 15-30 grams. If you’re a newbie in taking coconut oil, you can start by taking a teaspoonful of it then gradually increase it to the advised daily consumption rate.
How to Maximize Coconut Oil Daily Consumption
Here are the brilliant ways to consume the right amount of coconut oil every day
- Spoon it! You can quickly consume coconut oil by getting yourself a tablespoon and eat it. This is the best way to take coconut oil for people on the go and seems to be always running out of time.
- Mix it with coffee. If you’re up for some more energy boost at the beginning of the day, mix coconut oil with coffee. So you’ll have more energy to last until the day ends. You and all the other benefits you can get from coconut oil.
- Add it to your favorite smoothie. If you love sipping smoothies, give it a healthy and delicious boost with coconut oil. To avoid clumps, make sure you melt the coconut oil before you add it slowly to your smoothie.
- Oatmeal. Add some coconut oil in your carb-heavy oatmeal meal every morning. You can even try and add Stevia powder with blueberries for an added flavor. Yum!
- Use it to stir fry vegetables and other fried dishes. Add a coconut oil twist to your favorite stir-fried vegetables. It creates a whole new taste plus all of coconut oil’s goodness. Fry fish, egg and meat with coconut oil.
- Top your popcorn with it. You can replace butter with coconut oil to make your favorite popcorn even yummier!
- Bake with it. Bake your brownies, energy bars, and others with coconut oil. You can use it to replace butter, margarine and vegetable oil in some recipes.
- Dress your salads with it. Our usual salad dressing includes olive oil, but you can also use coconut oil instead.
There are also coconut oil supplements available which are easier to take especially if you’re always traveling. However, some don’t choose supplements since you don’t seem to get the right amount of coconut oil in each capsule.
The Best Kind
In the market, there are a lot of coconut oil brands and types available. One thing to remember in buying a jar of coconut oil is to make sure it’s not hydrogenated as it’s not safe for consumption. Virgin coconut oil will be the best kind of coconut oil to take, much better if it’s steam-refined.View the Best Prices on Coconut Oils Here