In this article we’ll cover the following:
Cat hairballs are pretty disgusting for cat owners, but it can be a severe health problem for your cat. It can cause intestinal blockage in your pet cat. Cat Hairballs develop when they do self-grooming. When they groom themselves, their tongue has hook-like structures that hook dead and loose hair that they accidentally swallow.
Some swallowed hair goes directly through the digestive tract. However, some hairs get stuck in the stomach. The accumulated hair stuck in the stomach results to cat hairballs. It’s a common condition in cats, and it could lead to something serious.
Symptoms of cat hairballs include vomiting, gagging, constipation, or diarrhea. There are several methods to cure and prevent hairballs. You can give your pet cat a hairball laxative or a hairball formula cat food.
But do you know that coconut oil for cat hairballs is possible? Coconut oil has many therapeutic benefits that’ll help your cat with hairball problems and much more.
How does coconut oil help treat cat hairballs?
- Coconut oil helps keep the cat’s skin and coat healthy. A healthier coat could mean less shedding of hair that can get caught up with their tongue.
- Coconut oil encourages the developed hairball in cats to pass through their digestive tract.
- Coconut oil helps increase your cat’s metabolism.
- Coconut oil helps ease your cat’s difficulty in passing stool.
- Coconut oil has medium-chain triglycerides that help fight against bacteria.
- Coconut oil helps support a healthy digestive system and gastrointestinal tract function.
- Your cats will love the coconut oil’s taste. It would be easier to take it for medication than other drugs.
How do you apply coconut oil for hairballs in a cat?
For an average-sized cat, the advisable dosage intake daily is ¼ to ½ teaspoon directly, or you can add it to your cat’s food. Don’t give the cat a big dose directly. The increasing dosage of coconut oil should be given gradually since too much coconut oil may also lead to diarrhea. Ideally, you can increase the dosage to 1 teaspoon daily.
This method of application of coconut oil for hairballs can help you treat it. It also helps you achieve all the possibilities of coconut oil.
We take care of our pets, but sometimes no matter how we take care of them, conditions like this can occur. It’s not that you’re a bad cat owner. Before resorting to expensive drugs for treating cat’s hairballs, try the wonders of coconut oil. Its benefit doesn’t stop at treating hairballs. It can enhance its weight, nutrition, immune system, and much more! Coconut oil has been doing incredible wonders to mankind these days.
If coconut oil can do us good, then how can it not benefit our pets? Stop hesitating and asking yourself, “Can I give my cat coconut oil for hairballs?” How will you know if you don’t give it a try? There’s no harm in trying if it’s an organic and positively acclaimed product, like the coconut oil. Cure and prevent your cat’s hairballs the natural way with coconut oil! For sure, you and your cat will never have to suffer again.
If symptoms persist, it’s always advisable to go to your veterinarian immediately.