Are you overeating to the point of having an upset stomach? Lying down after a heavy meal? Snacking close to bedtime? Drinking a lot of beverages like alcohol, soda, coffee, or tea? If you keep on doing this, you’ll surely be in big trouble. These are some of the reasons for having acid reflux problems. What could be a solution?
In our everyday living, we tend to do things that we don’t realize could be harmful to our health. One of the possible results of unhealthy eating habits is acid reflux.
What is acid reflux?
This is a condition where the acid in the stomach goes back to the esophagus. If this condition persists for more than two weeks, it can be a symptom of GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). Normally, the lower esophageal sphincter closes as soon as food passes through it. If it partially closes or if it opens too often due to overeating, stomach acid can move up to your esophagus.
This can cause a burning pain in the lower part of your chest, which is also known as heartburn. This is the most common symptom that indicates that a person may have acid reflux.
GERD is a disease that might be difficult to cure if you already have it. But, there’s an alternative that’ll help it slow down. Some people use coconut oil for acid reflux to minimize its occurrence.
Coconut oil is one of many alternatives that can help in reducing acid reflux.
It has been tested by many doctors and individuals.
What are the benefits of coconut oil for acid reflux?
- Drinking coconut oil can help suppress your appetite and can also help you feel like you have a full stomach. It decreases the chances of eating too much which may trigger acid reflux. It’s also good to add it to your daily diet. Not only will it help in getting rid of acid reflux, but it’s also helpful for weight loss.
- In addition to coconut oil being good for weight loss, it’s also an energy booster. According to Dr. Mehmet Oz, “Coconut oil gives you instant energy, helping you rapidly burn through calories.” Having additional energy can give you better workouts. It’ll promote faster weight loss and better health.
- Coconut oil has medium-chain fatty acids that are natural antiseptics. It can help kill bacteria which are one of the causes of acid reflux.
- Coconut oil triggers the production of Chloride. It helps keep the fluid volume of your cells in balance. It can also help in the proper digestion of food.
- Coconut oil can repair tissues damaged by heartburn. It can reduce the burning sensation and irritation caused by acid reflux.
How do you use coconut oil for acid reflux?
You can treat acid reflux with coconut oil by consuming up to three tablespoons of pure, virgin coconut oil daily. If you’re currently experiencing acid reflux, consider taking one tablespoon of coconut oil as a natural aid.
However, if you’re not fond of the taste, it’s best to start off with a small dose of coconut oil. Taste it and see how your body responds to it.
Anyone can have a better functioning tummy by using coconut oil. It’s convenient, proven to be effective, and can be found anywhere. There are many ways to help reduce acid reflux in your body, but it should always start with you.
Maybe the best and most efficient way to help solve this problem is by living a healthy lifestyle. An ounce of prevention is always better than a pound of cure.View the Best Prices on Coconut Oils Here